Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pet Care and Messes - How Hydrogen Peroxide Can Make Your Life Easier

This is an unusual article for me. I am a Life & Spiritual Coach, not a vet, but I do have a lot of experience with my 20+ year old cat. I am so excited about how hydrogen peroxide has made my life easier that I want to share my ideas with you.

Animals can be messy. Especially, old ones. There are hairballs, vomit, and accidents. And of course, our pets love to step in things and track them all through the house. With two long hair cats, I have spent a fortune on oxy cleaners and other products that dissolve and clean the unwanted gifts they left me. The results were not so great. I have light colored carpet and tile in my home. Some of the products left stains or didn't completely remove the colorful spots in the carpet. Some of them would even attract dirt to the area. The carpet cleaner assured me my carpet was clean, just stained. He could get the stains to disappear for a little while, but they always seemed to return. He just kept recommending new brands of the same type of cleaners.

I cut myself one day and got a couple drops of blood on the carpet. When I checked online I learned that hydrogen peroxide would remove blood stains. I tested it on my light color carpet and there was no damage at all. And, it worked great. I felt inspired! How else could I use it? It cleans! It disinfects! It dissolves organic matter! And, it's healthier to have in your home than bleach!

Here are some of the ways that I use it now:

1. Spot clean and disinfect carpet and upholstery. (Test it on an out of sight area first to make sure it does not discolor first. It probably works best on light colors.)
2. It even helped older recurring spots that the carpet cleaner could not resolve.
3. Clean the floor around the catbox.
4. Clean areas on the tile where pets have tracked in dirt or other gross stuff. Organic materials dissolve and can be easily wiped up.
5. My old cat sometimes steps in her own stuff in the catbox. It can get pretty embedded in her feet and fur. I simply pour a little peroxide over her feet, let it dissolve for a minute or two and then dip her feet in a pail of water to wash. It's much easier on both of us than a bath or long struggle to get them clean. (Yes, this is possible to do with a cat.)
6. I also use it around the house for cleaning and disinfecting. I even clean my toothbrush with it once in awhile.

While I am not an expert and can make no specific claims, I can tell you that my life is a lot easier since I discovered the wonders of hydrogen peroxide. I have also saved a lot of money by not buying special pet products. Give it a try. Maybe you will get excited about it too.

Life Coach, Linda Luke, supports clients in reconnecting with their own inner guidance system and clearing the thoughts, fears, beliefs, and habits that get in the way of their having the life they want.

Linda does this through one on one coaching by phone or in person. She also leads teleclasses and workshops and is available for local speaking engagements.

No comments:

Post a Comment