Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pet Cremation Urns - The One of Kind Votive Candle Urn

One of the things I'm always on the look out for are new, creative and interesting ideas for my line of pet cremation urns. I'm very happy to share my latest creation with you here.

For the past several years I've been making some dew drop shaped votive candle holders on my wood lathe. It recently occurred to me that I could turn the same type of vessel into a one of a kind pet urn. After some experimentation I've come up with a design that is a winner and that you can't find anywhere else.

Working with beautiful woods such as Aspen, Ash, Ponderosa Pine and Walnut, I fashion a dew drop shape on my lathe. Then I hollow the vessel out so that it can contain the remains of your pet. I then create a lid that will be glued in place once the ashes have been inserted.

Now, here's where things get interesting. On top of the lid and still embedded into the top of the urn, is a votive candle in a glass holder. The glass keeps the wood safe from the candle flame and actually allows the flame to burn longer.

The votive candle urn is one of the most popular in my line of pet cremation urns.

I think that's simply because of how good it looks and the fact that it allows you to remember your beloved companion with a candle flame. Customers tell me that they enjoy lighting the flame on special occasions or even everyday as a way to honor the memory of their pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment